From Brenda Gervais and With Thy Needle & Thread comes this Limited Edition Commemorative Sampler celebrating celebrating 400 years and honoring the 18 married women of the Mayflower. Celebrate 66 days of stitching to coincide with the 66 days at sea. The kick off date is Sept 6, 2020 - Nov 9th, 2020.
The inspiration for this piece came from a book that was written 100 years ago by author, Ethel J.R.C Noyes, titled - The Women of the Mayflower and Women of Plymouth Colony. Her work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization, as we know it.
The sampler was designed in bands. Long and narrow, much like samplers of the 17th century, but not in 17th century-style. Each band and it's motifs represents a time of their journey... the landing at Cape Cod, the animals that traveled with them, the women - a listing of the names of the 18 married women, Plymouth - the place they would eventually call home, the rock - Plymouth Rock, a lastly, a reminder that we are living in the tomorrow for which they wrought.
This limited kit includes the following:
1. Chart for the sampler, "Coming to America ~ The Women of the Mayflower"
2. Self-adhesive sampler label to sign and date the finished sampler
3. Pilgrim Lady Needle Anchor - a cute little magnet to keep one's needle safe & secure.
4. Piece of cotton backing fabric for the free bonus chart. The fabric is a reproduction of Mayflower passenger, William Bradford's handwritten journal and was designed specifically for this project.
5. Custom printed box to house the items. This also doubles as a project box to keep all the goodies safe & secure while stitching the sampler!
6. Harvest Blessings is a free chart that was to be available at the end of the 66 days. That will be included instead of waiting until the end of the journey.
7. Each box will include your choice of fabric (40, 36, or 32 count Vintage Country Mocha as well as the specialty threads needed [DMC excluded].